We are over FIFTY percent funded with 8 days left in the campaign, and we couldn’t be more thrilled!
THANK YOU for all that you have done to get us this far. Wow. We are feeling exhilarated by the outpouring of support through the course of this fundraising drive and wanted to share some of the conversations that we have been having with you all.
Here are some of your questions and feedback on what you want to see in the finished film:
• What is the history of the black people of Uruguay – how has the culture evolved and how does it live today?
• I’d like to see more of the drumming and rhythms of candombe: the conversation between the three main drums is like what?
• Who created the first rhythms, what was the inspiration?
• What are Afro Uruguayan teens and young adults up to?
• How does candombe relate to hip hop
Let’s keep the momentum up and the conversation going.
Add your thoughts on what you would like to see in the film on our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/IrisFilms
Tweet to us @IrisDirect.
We are in the final stretch, and this is an all or nothing deal. We still have a long way to make it to $15,000 by December 5. We hope you will consider increasing your pledge by $5 by hitting the “Manage My Pledge” button on our project page. Every single dollar counts. Really.
Share the love by sending a link to our campaign page to friends: http://bit.ly/AfroU (Remember – your donation is tax deductible)
Thank you all so much.
We are truly humbled and excited about the road ahead.